Maritzburg College Fees 2020-2021
Maritzburg College Fees 2020-2021 – see details below…
The school fees for 2020, excluding the acceptance deposit, are made up as follows:
- Tuition for Form 2 (Grade 8) Day boys, including the differential rate, is R51 000*
- Tuition for Form 3 to 6 (Grade 9 to 12) Day boys is R47 640
- Boarding for Form 2 (Grade 8), including the differential rate, R126 360* (R75 360 boarding fee + R51 000 tuition fee)
- Boarding for Form 3 to 6 (Grade 9 to 12) R119 540 (R71 900 boarding fee + R47 640 tuition fee)
* Due to investment in HR and IT, and significant Capex expansion in the Boarding Establishment, there is a differential fee for the Form 2 (Grade 8) intake.
The fees for 2020 will increase, but please note that the exact increase will only be finalised at the Parents’ AGM to be held in Term 4 2020.
ScholarshipsMaritzburg College awards a limited number of Scholarships for excellence in Academics, Culture and Sport. In all cases, the potential candidates are selected, solely at the discretion of the school, according to the following criteria:
- Academic scholarships are awarded to a select few of the top achievers in Mathematics and English. These awards are based on the Grade 6 December report and the results of the Maritzburg College Scholarship Exam (written by invitation only).
- Cultural scholarships are usually awarded retrospectively, based on the learner’s commitment and cultural talent evident during his Grade 8 (Form 2) year.
- Sporting scholarships are awarded to a select few talented boys who are performing at a provincial (or higher) level. We take into account the information parents provide on the application forms, the confidential questionnaires received from the primary schools and, in particular, the recommendations of our Admissions PRO, based on his observations at primary school matches, regional trials and competitions. Maritzburg College Fees
- Every application is assessed in terms of the above criteria and parents, therefore, should not apply for scholarships at Maritzburg College.
The School will contact parents whose sons are awarded these scholarships.
Debit Order Mandate All payments for school fees and boarding establishment (BE) fees are done by debit order. Payments for school and BE fees must be done separately, i.e. two debit order forms must be signed. The debit order mandate must be completed, regardless of your payment option.School fees are due by the 31 January each year, but arrangements can be made with the Finance Department at Maritzburg College to pay the fees over 10 months, starting at the end of January.Boarding fees may be paid in full at the start of the school year, or monthly, or quarterly at the start of each term, but please note that interest is charged on BE monthly or quarterly payments.Deposits Upon your son’s acceptance to Maritzburg College, payment of the Tuition and/or Boarding Deposit is necessary to secure your son’s position at Maritzburg College. Deposits are as follows:
Tuition A Tuition Deposit of R2,200 is payable on your son’s acceptance to the school. This deposit will be credited to your son’s Tuition account in the last month of schooling, i.e. at the end of his Form 6/Grade 12 year, or the month of withdrawal from College, provided that all fees are paid in full at that stage.
A Book Deposit of R1,500 is payable on your son’s acceptance to the school. This deposit will be retained in a separate account to cover any text books issued by the school and not returned annually by a pupil. Should these funds become depleted, an additional top-up will be required. If the funds are not fully utilised by the end of your son’s school career, the balance will be credited to your son’s Tuition account, provided that all other fees are paid in full at that stage.
Boarding In addition to a Tuition Deposit, a Boarding Deposit of R3,800 and Development Levy of R800, is payable on your son’s acceptance to the Boarding Establishment. The Boarding Deposit of R3,800 will be credited to your son’s Boarding account in the last month of schooling, i.e. at the end of his Form 6/Grade 12 year, or the month of withdrawal from College.
Deposit Refunds Deposits are refunded pro-rata from the date of the learner’s withdrawal to the date that the learner would have completed his career at College. The aforementioned deposits are only refundable if the correct withdrawal procedure is followed, i.e. one term’s notice must be submitted, in writing, to the Admissions Department. Should learners fail to return at the beginning of any given year, without proper notification, this will result in the deposits being forfeited.
- If after your son has been accepted, you then decide to withdraw your application, the deposits will not be refunded.
List Of High Schools In Eastern Cape Admissions
List Of High Schools In Free State Admissions
List Of High Schools In Gauteng Admissions
List Of High Schools In Pretoria Admissions