St Mary’s School Waverley Application Form 2021
St Mary’s School Waverley Application Form – see details below to apply…
The selection of the right school to suit your child’s personality and interests is one of the most difficult decisions a parent can make. St Mary’s endeavours to place the individual needs of each girl as a priority and will do everything possible to inform you of all the school has to offer, so that you are able to make an informed decision.
Before you proceed to application, click on the links below for information:
Visiting St Mary’s
Prospective parents and pupils are welcome to contact the school to arrange for a visit and tour of the campus and an interview with the headmistress.
- If you would like to enrol your child at St Mary’s School, Waverley, you need to fill out an application form which can be downloaded from the website, or obtained from the Admissions Secretary by visiting the school, post, fax or email. It is advisable to apply for admission as far in advance as possible to avoid disappointment
- Upon receipt of your application form and registration fee you will receive a letter of acknowledgment. Should the school offer your child a place which is accepted, you need to complete an Acceptance of Place form and pay the required deposit to secure the place
- Submission of an application form does not imply automatic acceptance for your child. Although the date of application orders the waitlist, special consideration is given to siblings and daughters of St Mary’s past pupils
- Once you have received confirmation of your application, you will be required to accept the school’s Conditions of Admission and Code of Conduct
Please note that the main points of entry to St Mary’s are:
Grade 000 for Little Saints and Grade 0 for the Junior School
Form I (Grade 8) for the Senior School
To apply to St Mary’s, you need to download the application form, fill it in, and email, fax , post or drop off the necessary documents at St Mary’s.
Please note that no application will be registered without a fee of R350, which must accompany this form. This administration fee is non-refundable.
Attached to this application form, please also include a copy of both parents’/ guardians’ IDs, daughter’s birth certificate and her latest school report.
Download the Application form
To apply for boarding, please download the St Mary’s School boarding application form below:
Conditions of admission
Please download the linked document below, which outlines the St Mary’s School Conditions of Admission. This will need to be signed once you have been offered a place for your daughter.
In these Conditions of Admission, “parent” includes the legal guardian and any signatory of this form.
- St Mary’s School is a church school of the Anglican Church of South Africa. Pupils at St Mary’s must attend all assemblies and chapel services, wherever they may be held. No pupils will be compelled to take part in practices not appropriate to their own beliefs but pupils must attend all these events and behave in a respectful and reverent manner.
- The parent agrees to adhere to the decisions of the head of school in all matters relating to school organisation and discipline. These matters include, but are not limited to, attendance at and participation in curricular, and co-curricular activities and functions, adherence to dress and uniform codes and conduct generally. Pupils of St Mary’s must behave in a manner which does not bring either themselves or the name of the school into disrepute. The head of school reserves the right to punish pupils for misbehaviour both in school and out of school. This may include suspension. The head of school may require parents to withdraw their daughter, in cases of serious or repeated misconduct, or if, in the heads’ opinion, it is in the interests of the school. Parents also are required to respect the ethos of the school and uphold its values as described in the various policies and codes which appear on the school website as amended from time to time.
- Smoking and the drinking of, trafficking in or use of alcohol or drugs are forbidden. Any breach of this rule will be regarded as a very serious offence and could lead to the parents being required to withdraw their daughter from the school. St Mary’s School Waverley Application Form
- St Mary’s School considers itself a family in which all members support one another. No form of racism or bullying is tolerated.
- When a pupil is absent through illness, the parent shall inform the school by telephone. A formal letter from the parent to the pupil’s mentor*/ House tutor*/ class teacher must be presented on her return to school. *Senior School only
If a pupil is absent for more than three days, a doctor’s certificate is required.
- Prior permission for absence during the school term for reasons other than illness must be obtained from the head of school.
- During the year there are several compulsory functions and activities. These take preference over home or other personal or family activities.
- Upon acceptance of a pupil and prior to admission, the parent shall pay an advance payment in an amount laid down by the Board from time to time. This is to secure a place in the school as against other potential applicants on the waiting list and for the purposes set out in what follows. The amount so paid is not refundable unless written notice is received by the school at least one full term before the place is due to be taken up, in which case half of the amount will be refunded. In addition, advance payments will be increased as the pupil is promoted through the school in such amounts as may have been laid down by the Board from time to time. The advance payments will be increased in January of each year, such that the equivalent of one term’s current fee is held. The “top up” of the advance payment will be payable on the first day of the term in the relevant year. Advance payments made in previous years will be taken into account in determining any increased amount to be paid. Advance payments will be held in accordance with the Consumer Protection Act, 2008 and all interest or other income therefrom will accrue to the school as income. If you have chosen to have the amount refunded when your daughter leaves the school, it will be refunded, without interest, only when the school receives payment of its final account after the pupil has left the school and the parent will not be entitled to apply any set-off. If you have chosen to donate the amount to the school, the donation may not be revoked. The school shall be entitled, in its sole discretion, to appropriate the advance payment or any portion thereof towards payment of any amount due to the school by the parent from whatever cause arising at whatsoever time.
- The parent shall pay in advance and no later than the first day of each term, the tuition fees and other charges laid down by the Board from time to time. Other charges incurred are due and payable after the rendering of an account. These charges may be for extras arranged or supplied with the consent of the parents or for extras which, in the opinion of the head of school, are necessary for the pupil.
- The school will be entitled to charge interest from the due date for payment on all overdue accounts at a rate of 2% per month. In the event of accounts being unpaid on the last day of term, the pupil will not be permitted to return to the school at the beginning of the following term.
- The parent agrees to give one full term’s notice in writing before withdrawing the pupil from the school, such notice to reach the head of school before the first day of the term at the end of which such withdrawal is to take place. If the parent fails to give such notice, the parent shall be liable for payment in full of the fees for the term whether the pupil attends or not.
- The parent shall not be entitled to any rebate of fees if the pupil is absent for any portion of any term owing to illness or any other cause. In the event of a pupil leaving the school during a term, for any reason whatever and the parent failing to give notice as required in (11) above, the full term’s fees shall be payable and no refund of fees already paid for that term shall be claimable. St Mary’s School Waverley Application Form
- The school shall be entitled to instruct its attorneys or debt collectors to attend to the collection of any overdue accounts and the parent shall be liable for payment of costs so incurred, on the scale as between attorney and own client, including collection commission, whether legal proceedings are instituted or not.
- The school reserves the right to vary these conditions including the tuition fees and other charges from time to time, in its entire discretion after giving one term’s notice of its intention to do so. Failure by the school to enforce any of these conditions shall not constitute a waiver of the school’s rights.
- The liability of persons signing this form under these terms and conditions is joint and several, the one paying the other to be absolved.
- Having regard to the best interest of the pupil and to the duties on the school relating to the education of the pupil and to her support and care while at school or under the supervision of the school, the parent grants consent to the school to:
- process information regarding the parent’s credit worthiness and that of any third party, divorced or separated parent who is responsible for payment of the tuition fees, from any institution doing credit verification or the last school which the pupil attended;
- process names, contact details and other personal information relating to the parent and the pupil, and to such information being made available to other parents or guardians, staff or responsible persons engaged or authorised by the school, only for school-related purposes or to the extent required for the purpose of managing relationships between the school, parents or guardians, and current pupils, as well as providing references and communicating with the body of former pupils;
- include photographs, with or without name, of the pupil in school publications, in press releases, on the school’s website, and/or on social media platforms to celebrate the school’s or the pupil’s activities, achievements or successes;
- supply information and a reference in respect of the pupil to any educational institution which the parent proposes that the pupil may attend. The school will take care to ensure that all information that is supplied relating to the pupil is accurate and any opinion given on his/her ability, aptitude and character is fair. However, the school cannot be liable for any loss which the parent or the pupil is alleged to have suffered resulting from opinions reasonably given, or correct statements of fact contained, in any reference or report given by the school; and
- inform any other school or educational institution to which the parent proposes sending the pupil of any outstanding fees.
- The school may not otherwise process any personal information of the parent or of the pupil in its possession, without prior written consent to the school that it may do so. Should this be the case, the school may only distribute or otherwise publish the information in accordance with such consent. St Mary’s School Waverley Application Form