Kingswood College Grahamstown Subjects
Kingswood College Grahamstown Subjects | See the list of courses offered at Kingswood College…
Kingswood follows the South African National Curriculum Statement as examined by the Independent Examination Board (IEB).
Kingswood College Grahamstown Academic Priorities
Kingswood College is committed to providing a world-class educational environment and our academic priority is to ensure that all pupils develop skills that will position them to thrive in the post-school learning and working environment.
Core skills nurtured in the classroom include:
- Thinking skills which promote critical thought
- Research skills which will enable pupils to make appropriate use of new technologies
- Interpersonal skills which facilitate working together for the common good
- Management skills when pupils learn to use time, resources and people efficiently
- Communication skills which promote the effective use of community thoughts and ideas.
Kingswood strives to:
- Promote enterprise, self-discipline and interpersonal skills. We encourage children to develop enquiring and creative minds, to take decisions for themselves, and to learn how to work independently.
- Be outstanding in the quality of our teaching. Our professional staff, small classes and excellent facilities underpin our academic programme.
- Encourage and provide for staff development in order to enable our teachers to enhance their professional skills.
The GET Phase (Grade 8-9)
Small classes (with a maximum of 25) are taught by experienced and committed teachers who tackle a broad range of subjects included in this band of education. The emphasis is placed on acquiring sound literacy, numeracy and scientific skills. Subjects included in the GET Phase are the following:
- Physical Science
- Information Technology
- French (for non-SA citizens)
Grade 10-12 FET
In line with the National Curriculum Statement, Kingswood pupils are entered in the Independent Examination Board, National Senior Certificate examination at the end of Grade 12. The examination forms the foundation to entrance to universities both in South Africa and abroad. The following subject combinations are offered:
English, Mathematics/Maths Literacy and Life Orientation are compulsory. (Life Orientation is assessed continuously over three years of portfolio work.)
Grade 11 & 12
Choice options – one subject from each column can be chosen:
|Column 1||Column 2||Column 3||Column 4||Column 5|
(1st Additional Langauge)
|Mathematics||Physical Science||Business Studies||Life Sciences|
(1st Additional Langauge)
|Visual Arts||Life Sciences||History|
Kingswood College Grahamstown Contact Details
Kingswood College Grahamstown Fees