Hillcrest High School SA Application Form 2023
Hillcrest High School SA Application Form 2023 – see details below…
CRITERIA FOR ADMISSION TO HILLCREST HIGH SCHOOL’S
LEARNING SUPPORT UNIT
Application for admission to the Hillcrest High Learning Support Unit is dependant upon the outcome of a
case review and an interview.
The following aspects are considered:
1. INTELLECTUAL ASSESSMENT
The learner, having been assessed by a registered Clinical, Counselling or Educational
Psychologist on a recognised intellectual assessment, should be in the average or above I.Q.
range. A significant discrepancy between Verbal and Non-Verbal and/or inter-test scatter could
be indicative of a specific learning disorder.
2. SCHOLASTIC FUNCTIONING / PERFORMANCE
Level of Scholastic Performance
The extent of the lags in any learning area should be considered in terms of scholastic history and
3. COMPOUNDING VARIABLES
a) Perceptual Areas
Gross and fine motor co-ordination difficulties
Visual perceptual difficulties: assessed on standardized tests.
Auditory perceptual difficulties: assessed on standardized tests
Language based difficulties as identified by standardized tests.
Informal assessment of spoken and written language may be necessary to determine
learner’s performance in relation to his expected levels of performance.
c) Attention Deficit Disorder with or without Hyperactivity
d) Memory Difficulties
4. OTHER CONSIDERATIONS
The following would contribute to a positive prognosis and progress:
▪ Parental support and co-operation
▪ Parental supervision with regard to a learner’s homework and school programme
▪ Extent of scholastic lags on admission
▪ Positive response to previous intervention
▪ Willingness and responsibility of parents to accept guidance and counselling when necessary
▪ Learner’s ability to cope with the demands of the school environment, both socially and
emotionally; the main consideration being the learner’s well-being
▪ Learner’s level of motivation and extent of secondary emotional and/or behavioural problems
▪ The success of and compliance with intervention strategies for ADH/D
⚫ Page 2
5. DOCUMENTATION REQUIRED FOR CASE REVIEW
a) The most recent, full Psycho-educational assessment that you have available. Please note
that it may be necessary for us to request an updated report.
b) Speech Therapy and/or Occupational Therapy Assessments if these have been carried out.
c) Medical or other relevant reports.
d) Referral form completed by the learner’s current teacher.
e) Copies of the learner’s work. This should include a Maths test, an essay or other creative
writing and an English comprehension.
f) Any other supporting documentation you may wish to submit.
Once all the above information has been provided to the school, it will be reviewed and the interview
process will proceed. You will be contacted by our office to set up a mutually convenient time.
Click here to Download Application Form